Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beastie Boys, Burger Chef

deviantART
Of all the online tributes to Adam Yauch I've seen, Christopher Elam's OWARI provides what is by far my personal favorite. Seriously, how I was I unaware of the existence of a Beastie Boys video about a giant space robot fighting Cthulhu? Seems inconceivable.


And while we're on the subject of OWARI and my mental lapses, how could I have forgotten about Burger Chef? Especially when I specifically remember having this Burger Chef droids poster on my wall, and some of these King Kong glasses? Incrediburgable!

1 comment:

  1. The Burger Chef thing keeps happening to me because people say something that reminds me and I get all nostalgic all over again.

    Here's a fun fact that I didn't put in my entry because it would be meaningless to people that aren't from around here. When I was looking up info, I discovered that the owner of the Lake Charles Burger Chef franchise was Peter O'Carroll. Not the O'Carroll Group one, but his dad. See what I mean?

    I wonder if Peter Jr. and Pat O'Carroll got their first jobs at Burger Chef? It wouldn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete