Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Frankenstein: Big in Japan

This poster popped up on my Pinterest feed shortly after I finished my Frankenstein post. So in defense of Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE and other comic books that take liberties with Mary Shelley's creation, I would like to point out that at no point in these comics is the heart of Frankenstein's Monster cut out by the Nazis, transferred to the Japanese fleet, taken to Hiroshima, nuked, and then mutated into a creature that grows to the size of Godzilla and fights a dinosaur that fires a heat ray out of his mouth.


Nor does the DNA from Frankenstein's Monster's severed hand spawn two more giant monsters, a good brown one and an evil green one, who proceed to wreak havoc in and around Japan, and fight a giant octopus. So, no offense to the awesome Steve Niles, but by these standards, it makes any image of Frankenstein's Monster "riding a horse" and firing "a Thompson submachine gun" seem downright tame by comparison.

I'm just sayin'.


This is not part of the stuff on my desk, but it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment